How many subjects in the Russian Federation?
The subjects of the Russian Federation are an integral part of our country, they constitute Russia as such. Our country is a country with a unique state structure. How many subjects in the Russian Federation there are only? On what basis are they separated? Let's see together.
The Russian Federation, as mentioned above, consists of the subjects of the Russian Federation. Subjects are equal. Subjects of the state of the Russian Federation, according to the law, do not have the constitutional right to secede from the Russian Federation independently.
The composition of the Russian Federation since 2003. And to date has 83 subjects. Of them:
- 21 republics (Ingushetia, Karelia, Kabardino-Balkaria, Komi, Karachay-Cherkessia, etc.),
- 6 edges (Perm, Primorsky, Krasnodar, Altai, Kamchatka, Transbaikalian),
- 49 regions (Kaluga, Kurgan, Lipetsk, Sverdlovsk, Moscow, etc.),
- 2 cities of federal destination (St. Petersburg, Moscow),
- 1 autonomous region (Jewish Autonomous Region)
- 10 autonomous districts (Nenets, Khanty-Mansiysk, Yamalo-Nenets, etc.).
It is also worthwhile to briefly indicate what types of subjects of the Russian Federation are. The separation is all the same:
- the edges;
- cities of federal significance;
- Autonomous region
- autonomous region
Also, the subjects of our country are different in:
- size of the territory;
- population density
- national composition.
The provisions of the subjects are regulated in accordance with the real, current legislation of the Russian Federation.