How to aromatize the oil?
Aromatic oil can be a great addition to any dish. And it is not necessary to buy it at the store, because you can cook such a product with your own hands.
Which oils can be flavored?
The first step is to choose the right oil. You can use olive, sesame, sunflower, corn, flaxseed. It is advisable to choose a refined product, as it is easier. You should not choose oils with bright and pronounced smells, such as mustard oil, because they will not be able to sufficiently aromatize and be filled with flavors of additives.
Tip: it is best to use cold-pressed oils, as they contain much more nutrients.
What to use for flavoring?
Aromatization of oils can be carried out in different ways:
- Herbs, and the most diverse: dill, rosemary, thyme, cilantro, parsley, tarragon, basil, mint, fennel, oregano, wild garlic.
- For the preparation of flavored oils, you can use a variety of spices, spices and seasonings, such as cinnamon, any kinds of pepper, cloves, ginger, cardamom, coriander, vanilla, mustard.
- Feel free to take fragrant vegetables, for example, garlic, fragrant red hot peppers, horseradish, paprika, celery, and so on.
- Fruits, especially citrus, such as oranges, grapefruits, tangerines. For flavoring, it is better to use not the flesh, but the rind or zest, since these parts contain essential oils and have more pronounced odors.
- Dried berries such as goji, cherry, currant, raspberry, barberry, blackberry.
- Dried mushrooms: white, champignons, chanterelles, wild mushrooms and many others.
Advice: try to mix different additives, but do it deliberately.
Products must be combined with each other, otherwise their tandem will acquire an incomprehensible and probably not the most pleasant aroma. For example, citruses can be combined with berries and mint. Spices can be safely combined with each other in different ways, like spices. Experiments are allowed and welcome: try to make interesting mixes and evaluate their smells to find interesting and unusual.
How to aromatize?
How to make a healthy flavored oil with your own hands? To do this, follow a few simple rules:
- Choose a suitable container.It is best to use glass, and with dark opaque walls, since light can trigger the oxidation of the product and adversely affect its quality. You can choose a jar or a bottle with a wide neck, which will easily pass aromatic additives. Moreover, the container must be thoroughly cleaned and it is desirable to sterilize it so that no contamination and pathogenic microorganisms remain on its inner surface.
- Then place the selected aromatic additive in the container. It should be pre-washed, if it is fresh, and dry well. Next, pour in the oil.
- Now tightly close the container to achieve tightness: contacts with air oxidize oils and change their properties. The cork should be perfectly clean, like the tare. In addition, you should choose not porous, but having a dense structure.
- Send the jar or bottle to a cool and dark place. Infused and flavored oil can from five to seven days to a month, depending on what additives are used. If you choose a fresh product, then it will take a week. But dried herbs open up and give off aromas much slower, so you should be patient and wait three to four weeks.
Tip: aromatic additives can be used both whole and crushed. In the latter case, the oil will get a smell much faster, but after it has been infused it will need to be filtered in order to free it of the product residues.
How to use?
Aromatized oil is a wonderful unusual dressing for salads: vegetable, fish, meat. You can also add it to different side dishes and hot dishes, but best of all in ready meals. Oil can be a wonderful spicy marinade for fish or meat, it is used to prepare a variety of sauces. If desired, you can fry on fragrant oil, but in this case, heat treatment can simply "kill" a bright aroma. Taste when heated, too deteriorate.
A flavored oil can be a wonderful gift: pour it into a beautiful bottle with a whole supplement, close it with a cork, tie a neck with a ribbon and attach a small postcard or a piece of paper to it with a wish or message. Housewives and cooking lovers will surely appreciate such a surprise.
How and how much to store fragrant oil? First, the container must be well closed.Secondly, it is better to put it in a refrigerator or at least in a cool and dark place. Thirdly, the product is stored for a short time, because gradually smells are weathered, and additives can deteriorate. Therefore, it is better to use it for three to four weeks.
If you want to improve and transform ordinary oil, try to flavor it. Treat yourself, surprise households and guests!