How to care for an aquarium?
If you decide to purchase as a pet fish, then you first need to think about where they will live and how to choose the aquarium correctly ... Of course, the solution to this issue depends on many indicators - the amount of free space in your room, the future number of inhabitants in the aquarium, your ambitions, desires and of course the thickness of your wallet ...
We would advise many beginner aquarists to acquire an aquarium with a capacity of 20-40 liters. Remember that the smaller the �house� for your future fish, the harder it is to care for it, the more - the easier, respectively, but you shouldn�t skip an aquarium with a volume of 100-1500 liters and above, all the same everything needs to be approached "wisely".
How to care for the aquarium
As soon as your aquarium is properly equipped and the fish already live in it, you will need to periodically care for and maintain a certain environment in it so that your fish will grow, be healthy and delight you with their beauty, and the aquarium will be clean and well maintained.This care can be described as daily and periodical (1 time per week or 1 time per two weeks). Let's take a look at what your daily care for an aquarium will be:
- Visual verification of the integrity of the aquarium. The fact is that many aquariums are 5 pieces of glass, glued together with a special composition. One way or another, a leak may appear in the aquarium over time, which needs to be fixed as soon as possible.
- Checking aquarium equipment. This includes checking the lighting (the lamp may burn out over time), the operation of the air filter and compressor, temperature indicators and other things. - Checking water quality. Over time, the water in the aquarium may become cloudy. This may be due to completely different factors - excessive abundance of feed, excess algae, excess soil and so on. Anyway, you will need to deal with the cause of the turbidity of the water and eliminate it.
- Feeding and monitoring the behavior of fish. Do not forget to feed your fish every day, preferably at the same time. Try to avoid malnutrition or excess feed in the aquarium.Also look at how the fish behave, whether you have appeared sick or pregnant individuals. If it so happened that one of the inhabitants of your aquarium "popped belly-up", then try to find out the cause of the incident and eliminate it.
- Every day, check the status and other inhabitants of the aquarium - snails, shrimps, crustaceans, algae, etc. Do not allow their excessive reproduction.
Such a small instruction on how to care for an aquarium every day should help you maintain its cleanliness and health and well-being of its inhabitants. Now let's turn to the periodic maintenance of the aquarium, which you will need to do 2-3 times a month:
- Cleaning aquarium equipment. You will need to disconnect from the power filter, compressor, heater and other devices and clean them from algae, sludge, fish waste products and other types of pollution.
- Cleaning the glass of the aquarium itself.
- Using a siphon to clean the soil in your tank from all sorts of pollution.
- Thaw out heavily overgrown plants, remove old or damaged leaves.
- Remove excess inhabitants from the aquarium.If various species of fish, snails and other living creatures constantly breed in your aquarium, then soon they will simply not have enough space. Try to avoid this.
- Check hardness, salinity and other indicators of water. If you start up rare and too fastidious to the environment fish, then you will need to constantly maintain the environment in which they will live as comfortably as possible, so try to maintain it properly.
Well, probably, and all that you need to know about how to care for the aquarium. Observing these simple rules you can ensure your fish a long and "happy" existence, we wish you success in your endeavors!