How to check the driver?
Every computer owner should periodically check the drivers installed on the computer. Due to this, it is possible to increase the performance of a personal computer, as well as to eliminate various problems that arise precisely because of the “tainted” driver.
How to check installed drivers
In order to check the installed drivers, it would be best to use a program such as DriverScanner. It is very easy to use and allows you to perform a full scan, download, and install new driver versions for various personal computer devices. This includes graphics and sound cards, a keyboard, a mouse, a monitor, a motherboard, DVD and CD drives, network adapters, a modem, a scanner, a printer, a camera, and other self-configuring devices. It should be noted that all drivers are constantly updated and upgraded by manufacturers, it is necessary to eliminate errors, as well as improve the performance of the device and add various new features.In the case when the drivers are not updated, various system errors may occur, both incorrect operation and total system failure. You can manually check the driver, but it will take a lot of time. Therefore, in order to find out about all the updates and at the same time not to lose time, you need to use a program like DriverScanner.
So, how to check the driver on the computer using the program "DriverScanner". After full installation of the program, you must open it, go to the "Overview" menu and click on the "Check" button. Immediately after this, the “Device Driver” window will appear. There will be a complete list of drivers that need to be updated. There are two ways to update outdated and non-working drivers.
- The first way. Search the Internet for updates yourself, and then install them yourself.
- The second way. The second way is to entrust all this work to the program “DriverScanner”, which is much more convenient.
Thus, using this program for checking drivers, you can constantly get comprehensive information about the status of drivers installed on a personal computer.
Manual driver check
If you need to check only one or two specific drivers, then this can be done manually. So, how to check the driver without using special programs for this. Consider this process on the example of sound testing, since the other drivers are checked in the same way. First you need to go to the "Device Manager".
- It is necessary to open the “Start” menu, then right-click on the “My Computer” icon, and then select the “Service” tab in the context menu.
- When the “System Properties” window opens, you will need to select the “Hardware” tab and click on the “Device Manager” button.
- In the window that opens, you will need to click the mouse on the “+” sign, which stands near the device you are interested in. In this case, it is the string "Sound, video and gaming devices."
- After that, a list will appear where you should select “Realtek High Definition Audio” in the property bar of the device.
- In the window that appears under the name "Device Properties", you need to pay attention to the bottom line called "Use the device." The item “This device is used (enabled)” should be selected here.In addition, you should make sure that the line “Device Status” indicates that the device is working normally.
- In the case when the line “Device Status” says that not all the drivers required for this device are installed, then you should install the correct drivers.
How to check if drivers are installed
Very often, users have to deal with various minor problems, such as the inoperability of certain devices or the absence of sound. The reason for this may be the lack of necessary drivers. Therefore, it is necessary to periodically check the system for their presence. The easiest way to check for installed drivers is to use the device manager. For this you need:
- Mouse over the “My Computer” icon
- Click on it with the right mouse button and select the Device Manager item in the opened context menu.
- After that, a window will open in which you can see a list of all installed drivers on the computer.
- Where you need to reinstall the driver or simply update it, there will be a yellow question mark.
In addition, you can check for the presence of drivers in the operating system and programmatically. One of the most popular such programs is “Driver Updater”. This program, which checks the drivers, allows you not only to scan the entire system for the presence of drivers, but also to download the missing drivers from the Internet. It should be noted that the program “Driver Updater” supports about 230,000 devices and manufacturers, and also it has a Russian interface. Using this program is very easy. After installing it on a computer, you must start it. Driver Updater will conduct a detailed scan of the entire computer system. After that, a list of installed drivers will appear, which will indicate those drivers for which you need to run the update or do a full reinstall.
Well, now you are already an experienced user and you won’t get lost if you do not have speakers working on reinstalling the operating system or the screen “floats” because there are no drivers on the video card. It's simple, use the necessary software and in a few minutes you will bring your personal computer in full order.Fortunately, manufacturers release free drivers that are available to us - simple users. Simply go to the desired site and download them. Successful installation!