How to clean the fur at home?
If the fur products are contaminated, then they lose their original attractive appearance. But they can return the old purity, if you use effective tools.
How to find out if a product needs cleaning?
On the fur, contamination is less noticeable than on leather and textiles, so it is much more difficult to identify them. The first way to assess the state of things is to carefully examine the pile, pushing it apart with your fingers and sweeping across the surface with your palm. If the fur has become less elastic and unpleasant to the touch, it is time to clean it.
The second way to identify pollution - use a hair dryer. Direct air stream at the fur. If it shines, scatters and quickly return to its original position, then the cleaning can be postponed. If the villi do not scatter when the hair dryer is directed to them, stick together and look unattractive, then the product is heavily polluted.
Effective cleaning of fur products: general recommendations
How to clean the fur on a jacket or other products with their own hands? There are many ways to clean, but using any of them, you must follow general guidelines.
- Firstly, if you are dealing with a removable fur piece of outerwear, then before the procedure you need to remove it. If it is an element of the product, then it is better to close the rest, since it can be damaged, change color under the influence of the used means or paint the fur.
- Secondly, remember that the fur should not be wetted abundantly: such an impact can spoil it. Therefore, do not allow water to get into the villi, and if you have chosen a liquid product, then use it in moderate quantities and carefully so that the pile is not very wet.
- Thirdly, before cleaning, carefully read the information on the product label. It may contain recommendations regarding the care of a thing, including the inadmissibility of wet cleaning.
- Fourth, consider the characteristics of the fur. If it is artificial, it can not withstand gross mechanical effects. Natural fur does not tolerate high humidity. White villi often lose their whiteness and turn yellow, and the color can fade and become faded.
In the shops you can find specialized tools designed specifically for cleaning fur products and made taking into account the characteristics and characteristics of the material.They do well with any kind of pollution, including sediment, dirt particles, food residue and greasy stains. But also such means strengthen the villi, restore their structure and return them smooth, while maintaining the attractiveness of the fur product.
The most popular means for cleaning fur are such as "Velveton", "Biofur", "Insaf", "Furasol". Before use, be sure to read the instructions on the packaging.
At home, you can use improvised and sometimes unexpected means:
- You can apply sand. Pre-clean and sift it, then warm it in a frying pan and pour it over the contaminated area. Next, you need to shake the sand and, if necessary, pour a new batch, if the pollution is significant.
- Eliminate greasiness and unattractive luster by using bulk solids such as finely ground salt, soda, talc, starch, or crushed chalk. Also, dry shampoo, which is used to impart freshness to contaminated hair, will help to restore the attractiveness of the fur product.
- Use shampoo for hair.Dilute it with water, carefully foam the mixture, apply the foam on a soft sponge and treat the surface of the fur product. Then take a clean, well-absorbing fabric, moisten it a little and wipe the lint. After you need to wipe the fur with a dry cloth. Instead of the usual shampoo, you can use it intended for animal hair: its structure and properties are similar to fur pile.
- A good degreaser that effectively eliminates gouging and an ugly gloss is gasoline. In it, moisten a soft porous sponge and process the problem areas of the product. You can also soak up sawdust with gasoline and gently rub them into the pile, and then shake it off.
- To clear the white fur of yellowness, you can use hydrogen peroxide. Dilute with the same amount of warm water, moisten the sponge in the mixture and gently rub the yellowed areas.
- Suitable for cleaning liquid ammonia, which copes with pollution and greasiness. It is desirable to dilute it with water and use for processing with a soft sponge. You can also add salt to the alcohol.
- Use the product for washing wool or silk products, and better in a liquid or gel form.Foam it with water and put a sponge on the fur, and then wipe the nap with a dry soft cloth.
- If you prefer cheap and affordable folk remedies, then use 9% table vinegar. Dampen a rag or sponge in it and proceed to cleaning. After the procedure, wipe the fur with a dry cloth and air in the fresh air.
Some tips for the last:
- Short fur is better to handle against a pile, and long - on a pile.
- Perform the test by testing the selected remedy on a small and inconspicuous area of the product. If the nap remains the same as it was, proceed with the cleaning. If you notice a change, it is better to choose another tool.
- Do not rub the fur too actively, so as not to damage the pile and do not leave the bald patch on the product.
- Do not allow nodokaniya mezdra - that is, the basis on which the villi are fixed.
Clean the fur carefully and correctly, in order not only to remove dirt, but also to preserve the properties and the original appearance of the material.