How to clear the cache in Opera, Google Chrome, Mozile, Internet Explorer
How to clear the cache.
How to clear the cache
Any browser has the ability to store information previously viewed on the Internet in an intermediate buffer or in a special folder located on the hard disk of the computer. This buffer is called a cache. The cache helps to save traffic, work the browser more quickly, less reload traffic, and allows the user to open previously viewed pages much faster. This is due to the fact that the browser cache keeps a copy of the browsed sites and some information from them. So, for example, already once downloaded video a second time will open in a shorter period of time. But in fact, besides the advantages, there are also some small drawbacks of the cache. Since the cache size has some limitations due to the very long accumulation of temporary files, it overflows and thus begins to slow down the browser. As a result, videos and images are loaded much slower.For this reason, it is very important to know what it means to clear the cache and periodically clean it in a computer and browser. Due to the fact that in every software created for browsing Internet sites, this function is provided it is not so difficult to do, for this it is only necessary to perform a few basic steps. Let's take a closer look at how to clear the cache in the most popular browsers.
How to Clear the Cache in Opera
Opera browser is currently one of the most advanced programs and is in the forefront in popularity among Russian users. In order to clear the cache in the opera, the following points must be fulfilled:
- On the open tab of the Opera browser, open the main menu, for this you need to click on the icon in the form of a red letter «O», located in the upper left corner of the window.
- We find the “Settings” item in the opened menu, click on it and select the “Delete personal data” sub-item.
- In the new list, click on the item "Detailed Settings".
- In the options window that appears, look for the inscription "Clear cache", leave a tick on it, and remove the rest of the items.
- Then click on the "Delete" button located in the right corner.
How to clear the cache in the opera.
You can also clear the cache memory in the opera in a slightly different way:
- Using the "hot keys" Ctrl + F12, open the general settings window or do it manually. To do this, just like in the first case, in the main menu, open the “Settings” submenu and select the “General Settings” item.
- In the window that appears, click on the caption "Advanced" to open a new tab.
- After that, select the line “History” from the list located on the left side of the window and click on it.
- Then we find the button “clear” opposite the inscription “Disk cache” and click on it. In that case, if you want your browser's cache memory to be cleared automatically after it is closed, then in the same window, you should tick the box “Empty on exit”.
How to clear the cache in Google Chrome
Google Chrome is a relatively young program that has managed to push out its predecessors and occupy the world championship among them in a rather short period of its existence. Its interface is quite simple, convenient and fast. Therefore, in the Google Chrome browser, clearing the cache is quite easy. For this it is only necessary to follow the following points:
- Open the main menu of browser settings and controls. To do this, in the upper right corner, find the button with the icon drawn on it in the form of a wrench and press it.
- We find the item “Tools” in the opened window and we point at it with the arrow of the cursor.
- We move the cursor to a new submenu, find the inscription “Delete data about the visited travelers” and click on it.
- After that, a new window "Clear History" is displayed on the screen, which removes all the checkboxes set against the menu items, except for the one that marks the line "Clear the cache" and click the button "Clear history". If you wish, the window can be left unchanged, then you can simultaneously clear the cache and cookie, as well as other given sites and the history of views and downloads.
How to clear the cache in Mozile
The most popular Mozilla Firefox uses in Europe, and in Russia at the moment is in second place on demand. The browser interface includes a lot of tabs and features that make it possible to clear its cache memory. In order to clear the cache in the moss, you need to perform the following steps:
- We click on the button with the inscription "Firefox", located in the upper right corner, in order to open the main menu.
- Select the “Settings” item from the list and get a new window.
- Then select the tab with the name "Network" and click on it.
- We find in the upper right corner of the window the inscription "Additional" and click on it.
- Then on the opened tab we hover the cursor on the “Clear Now” button. It is located on the right side of the tab under the "Configure" button.
- And in the final stage, click the "Ok" button.
How to clear the cache in the moss.
In newer versions of the browser, clearing the cache in the Mozilla can be much faster and easier. For this:
- In the main browser menu we also select the item “Tools”, and in it we find the subitem “Erase recent history” and click on it and get the required window. To quickly display the "Erase Recent History" window, you can use the special key combination "Ctrl + Shift + Del".
- In the opened window in the field "Clear" from the list that opens, select "All".
- In the list under the heading "Details" we leave a tick just opposite the inscription "Cash".
- After that, you can click on the "Clear Now" button.
How to clear the cache in Internet Explorer
Browser Internet Explorer has been quite popular and in demand for many years. Every year the program is becoming more convenient and more perfect. Clearing the cache in Internet Explorer as well as in previous browsers is quite simple.To achieve the desired result, you must perform the following points:
- In the browser window that opens, we find the toolbar and select the "Tools" button on it.
- In the menu that opens, select the line "Internet Options" and click on it in order to open the window of the same name.
- In the new window go to the tab "General".
- We find the inscription "View History", and under it the "Delete ..." button and click on it.
- Then we get the "Delete browsing history" window and leave only the "Temporary Internet files" marked on it.
- Then click on the "Delete" button to completely clear the cache in Internet Explorer.
- To return to the browser, click "OK".
The process of deleting the cache in Internet Explorer can be greatly simplified and accelerated for this:
- In the upper right corner we find the browser service icon and click on it.
- Select the "Security" item from the opened menu and move the cursor to the opened submenu.
- Click on the line "Delete Browser Log ...".
- Then again we get to the “Delete Review” window, which can be reached even faster using the “Ctrl + Shift + Del” keys. Select the desired item and click the "Delete" button.
As you managed to make sure to clear the cache of any of the above browsers very easily and simply you just need to know a little bit more about the capabilities of each of them. In order to further simplify the process, you can install on your computer a program that allows you to clear the cache of the computer without any problems. The most popular automatic cache cleaning program is currently CCleaner.
It allows you to:
- Clear browser from download history, temporary files, cookies.
- Clean up the registry of unnecessary data.
- Clear dns cache.
- Delete temporary files and history of used files from such applications as Microsoft Office, Media Player, WinRAR and many other popular programs.
- Automatically empty the basket.