Squids are considered a delicacy on Russian tables. But you do not need to visit an expensive restaurant to enjoy the taste of these wonderful seafood. If you know how to cook and find in yourself some kind of cooking skills, then you can try to cook squid yourself. Our article will help you do it as well as possible. Maybe in the future, squids will become your main dish, which will not only delight your family, but also truly surprise your guests. So:
How to cook squid?
The main problem that you encounter after cooking squid is their rigidity. It is known that squid can be eaten even raw, therefore, it is impossible in principle to avoid dowry. Squids boil no more than three minutes, sometimes even no more than one and a half minutes. In addition, for the acquisition of special softness by squid, before cooking, squid is soaked in a solution of vinegar with water or a solution of lemon juice with water. However, it is believed that even when soaking squid will strongly resemble rubber.
What can be cooked from squid?
There is a recipe that does not imply cooking squid, although according to gourmet reviews, this method of cooking makes squid "melting in the mouth." Here is the prescription:
- Pour some sunflower oil into the frying pan and heat it.
- Put the chopped onion into the pan and fry it until golden.
- Add to the onions chopped squid (raw) and one chopped tomato or tomato paste.
- Add any spices to taste.
- Add water to extinguish.
- Simmer for about 45 minutes.
- 20 minutes before the readiness of the dish must be salted.
- You can add, for example, frozen vegetables while stewing.
How to cook squid rings?
Here's what we need: squid (half a kilogram), eggs (4 pieces), light beer (250 ml), flour (250 g), salt (to taste), vegetable oil for deep-frying. Cooking method:
- Take the eggs and separate the white from the yolks. Squirrels need to be whipped before foaming
- Take yolks, beer, flour and salt. Mix them in a separate mixer until smooth. The mass should not contain any lumps.
- The mixture should infuse for 3-4 minutes. After waiting for this time, add proteins to the mixture.
- Wash the squid. Peel off thin film and ridge strips.
- Now thoroughly dry the squid, blotting them with a napkin.
- Cut the squid across into rings one centimeter wide.
- Dip all the squid rings in the previously prepared mixture and throw in the pan.
- Fry squid until ready in a hot oil.
- Now the dish is ready and can be served on the table.
How to cook stuffed squids?
In order to cook stuffed squid you will need the following ingredients: squid carcasses (8-10 pcs), boiled rice (1 cup), eggs (3 pcs), pickled mushrooms (100 g), onions (200 g), carrots (150 g) , salt, pepper, mayonnaise. Cooking method:
- Clean the squid. Try not to damage the carcass.
- Dip the squid in boiling water and cook for exactly three minutes.
- Crumble onion finely.
- Grate the carrots on a fine grater.
- Fry the onions and carrots, cool them after roasting.
- Chop the mushrooms finely.
- Chop the eggs finely.
- Mix rice, mushrooms, eggs, fried onions with carrots. Salt and pepper this mixture.
- Add mayonnaise and mix well the resulting mixture.
- Now the dish is ready.
How to make squid salad?
This is what we need for making squid salad: boiled squid (100 gr), potatoes (1 tuber),cucumber (1 pc), carrots (1.5 pcs), eggs (2 pcs), salad or green onions (50 gr), canned peas (30 gr), mayonnaise (3/4 cup), salt (to taste), dill.
- Boil frozen squid in cold water.
- Shpare squid with water 80-90 degrees for a few minutes.
- Use a stiff brush to peel off the squid.
- Rinse the squids thoroughly and stew.
- Heat the water to a boil.
- Add chopped parsley root, spices.
- Put the squid. Bring the squid to a boil, and then boil for 3-5 minutes at a low boil.
- Cut the cooled squid into thin strips across the grain.
- Cut vegetables and eggs into thin slices.
- Mix all the products, add the peas and place in a salad bowl.
- Season the salad with mayonnaise.
- Sprinkle the salad with dill when serving.