How to flash LG?
Watch the video
The LG company makes a lot of popular smartphones running on the Android operating system. It offers the user a wide range of devices, among which everyone will be able to choose a great option for themselves both technologically and financially. But it is worth considering that “smart” phones are much more likely to suffer from various “glitches” and software errors in comparison with simpler models.
In order to restore the performance of a smartphone that has become malfunctioning or slow down, a flashing is necessary. This procedure allows you to download and install a workable version of the software on your smartphone. In addition, this operation is necessary before going to the service center, if you made any modifications to the system files or got root access during the use of the device.
It is worth noting that there are a lot of unofficial firmware for LG smartphones. They allow you to significantly expand the functionality of the device, as well as improve its performance.But their use can also lead to unpredictable behavior of the smartphone: sudden “crashes” of applications, reboots, overheating, etc.
To learn more about the capabilities of your gadget, read the articles in the Cell Phone Instructions section.
How to flash a LG-smartphone using a computer?
Before reflashing the device, try to get rid of the problem by completely resetting your smartphone. For this:
- Turn off the device;
- Hold down the down (or up, depending on the device model) volume button and the power button;
- After the image appears on the display, release the buttons;
- Now use the volume buttons to go to “Hard Reset” and briefly press the power button;
- Then confirm the complete reset of the device by clicking on “Yes”.
Do not forget to start a backup of the data before starting a device reset or flashing it. To do this, you need to copy all the files from the internal drive and the memory card of the smartphone to the computer, and also enable the synchronization of the device with the Google account in the settings.
If you want to flash the LG KP 500 or any other simple phone that does not work on Android, this method will not work.
LG Smartphone Firmware with KDZ Updater Utility
- Download special software to update the firmware of your smartphone;
- After the archive is downloaded, unpack it on the system disk “С:”;
- Next, you need to go to the folder with this program and start the installation of the msxml.msi file;
- Now you need to download the firmware file for your device:
- Go to to find and download the necessary firmware;
- Next, find your smartphone model and open the section with firmware for it;
- Select the latest firmware by date and click download;
- A file with the .KDZ extension will be loaded, it can “weigh” up to 2-3 GB.
- Connect the USB cable to your smartphone and computer;
- Wait until the installation of the drivers by the operating system;
- Now you need to enable USB debugging on your smartphone:
- On the main screen, press the "Menu" button and go to the "Settings" section;
- Select "For Developers" and tick the box next to "USB Debugging";
- Next, you need to turn off the smartphone and disconnect the cable from the computer;
- Remove the battery from the device, then, while holding the volume down button, connect it to the computer using a USB cable;
- Now the display of the smartphone should display “S / W Upgrade”, if this did not happen, repeat the previous step with the battery inserted or using the volume up button;
- Go to the control panel of your computer and find the section "Device Manager", disable the device "LG Mobile USB Modem";
- Go to the folder with the program for flashing the device;
- Right-click on the file “KDZ_FW_UPD.exe” and select “Run as administrator”;
- In the program window, in the “Type” pop-up menu, select “3GCQT”;
- For the PhoneMode field, select the DIAG parameter;
- In the “KDZ File” field, specify the path to the downloaded firmware file;
- To start the device firmware, click on “Launch software Update”;
- The smartphone can reboot during the firmware several times.
After installing the firmware, the device will turn on and be ready for use.