How to get rid of dampness?
Residents of brick houses, panel heights and even new-fashioned cottages face the problem of high humidity. If you feel a persistent smell of damp in the apartment, and on the walls there are pockets of mold - get ready for a long and difficult struggle. We will tell you about how to get rid of the dampness of the house and why you need to do this as quickly as possible. Because the consequences can be dire and irreversible.
The effects of dampness in the room
Here are just some of the troubles that face, in time, not eliminated high humidity in a poorly ventilated room:
- spoilage of products from natural wood and leather;
- backlog of wallpaper and natural flooring;
- allergic reactions in humans;
- reproduction in the air of harmful microbes that cause frequent colds;
- persistent unpleasant smell, soaking clothes;
- catastrophic reproduction of mold and other fungi;
- shedding plaster is inevitable if there is dampness in the apartment.
How to get rid of high humidity
There are many ways to overcome the dampness, without a major repair robot. First of all, you need to determine the cause of its occurrence. Consider the most common options. This is most often:
- idle ventilation shaft;
- inconspicuous warming from neighbors;
- poor house insulation;
- roof leakage;
- plumbing malfunction;
- cracks in the walls or between the panels.
If you determine where the moisture enters your home, you can easily stop spreading it, using our tips on how to get rid of the damp and prevent its occurrence in the future:
- Air the rooms at least once a day.
- Clean the hood from dirt.
- Buy an electric towel rail for the bathroom.
- Do not hang wet clothes indoors.
- Use a mobile air dryer.
- If you do not know how to get rid of the smell of dampness, buy an ozonizer - this is the most effective means.
- Seal the joints between the panels and warm the walls (outside, inside).
- Be sure to use the hood when cooking.
- Waterproofing rooms, in the basement, you can use a dry mixture based on cement, in the apartments - copper sulphate or roll waterproofing.
- Very well absorb moisture sugar and salt.But the old-fashioned method of dealing with dampness is not very popular.
Now you know all about dealing with this obsessive problem. If you eliminate the possible causes of dampness, and arm yourself with our tips for eliminating and preventing excess moisture, this problem will no longer bother you. We wish you good luck!