How to learn to rap?
Rap as a musical trend has long won its popularity abroad and in Russia. This is due to the emotionality and frankness of the texts, rhythms that are remembered. Therefore, more and more people want to become rappers.
There are no universal methods and techniques that would allow talented rap. And besides, none of the famous rappers did not go to a music school, where he was taught this skill. And this means that everyone can learn how to learn how to rap. For this you need to make the desire and effort for the daily exercise. Two components are necessary for reading rap - rhythm and lyrics. We present some tips so that you can independently master this peculiar kind of creativity.
Work with text
In order to start rap, you must first write it. Every rapper knows that the text should be sincere and understandable. Some write “banter” or rhyme their emotional experiences. What to write - you decide, it is worth remembering that each line should reach the listener, to be clear to him.Text lines can come anywhere, so it’s important to always have a notebook and a pen or a voice recorder with you.
Rhymes in rap are not the most difficult, because rap began as a kind of improvisation. It is worth remembering the following rules of rhyming texts for rap:
- It is not necessary to rhyme a verb with a verb, for example, shout - hang around. You should use different parts of speech. The most suitable option is a verb + noun or adjective.
- It is necessary to use approximately equal number of syllables in each line. The text will be smoother and will sound more rhythmic.
- Each line should carry some meaning. All text should be logical and coherent. You should not use "rhyme for rhyme", it is better to pick words longer than to use those that sound more beautiful.
After the test is written, it is worth showing it to close friends. After all, they most correctly will give a critical assessment of your creativity.
Once you have decided that the text is ready, you need to think about how to learn to rap, which you wrote.
Serving text in rap is one of the most difficult skills. Sometimes, despite the fact that the text is excellent, the composition does not sound at all. It is important to remember that reading rap is primarily a game of intonation and rhythm during a performance.We can highlight the following recommendations that will tell you how to learn to rap.
- Intonation when reading is a very important factor in the success of the presentation of the text. It is important to put emotions in every word you say. For this you need to feel what you are writing about. The combination of emotional reading and beautiful text - the key to a good rap.
- Reading technique is another important parameter for reading rap. It is determined by diction and speed of pronunciation. Diction can be developed in different ways: to say tongue twisters, to speak with some kind of disturbance in the mouth, for example with nuts; do articulation gymnastics regularly. For many, the important question is how to learn how to quickly rap. It is worth saying that you do not need to initially wait for a high reading speed. At first, you need to work on sound quality, and only then speed up the rate of speech. Over time, the speed will come.
- Rhythm - the basis of rap. Therefore, it is important to pay attention to the development of rhythm mastering skills. In the reading is always the same rhythm, but it is suitable only for beginners rappers. Professionals, on the other hand, change the rhythm in virtually every new tact, but it’s worth remembering that it’s impossible to move away from the text dimension.In order to develop a sense of rhythm, it is worth acquiring a metronome and constantly reading texts for it. At each beat of the metronome, a new line should begin. Over time, the beat of the metronome will remain in your head, and the texts can be worked out without it.
Thus, learning to rap is possible. You just need to set a goal and start doing the exercises. Remember, rap is the music of the heart superimposed on the rhythm, so listen to it and everything will work out.