How to make a cake mastic with your own hands
Cooks use mastic to decorate festive cakes and delicacies. With its help, confectionery is given various forms. Consider how to make a mastic for a cake with your own hands.
Decorations made of mastic will make a work of culinary art out of ordinary cake. From the sweet mass, it is easy to make a variety of figurines, flowers, leaves, and even whole flower arrangements. The most skilled cooks manage to create such beautiful decorations that people honored to try a cake or a pie are sorry to eat them.
At first glance, it seems that cooking high-quality mastic is easy. However, the first attempts of most beginners end in failure. To get a good result, you need to be patient and practice. At first, I recommend experimenting with a small amount of mastic. Ultimately, learn how to prepare a plastic mass, which is similar in consistence to plasticine.
For the preparation of mastic used various ingredients - lemon juice, gelatin, powdered sugar, marshmallows, chocolate and other products. The ready-mixed mass is mixed on a table sprinkled with powder or starch.
For tinting use dyes of a natural nature - juice of beets, spinach, carrots and berries. Factory food colors from the store are also suitable. Use mastic to decorate the cake should be after hardening the cream. It is best to apply the mixture on a dry biscuit or on top of the marzipan mass.
Now I will present step-by-step recipes, which I myself use to prepare mastic.
Vegetable oil based mastic - 2 recipes
Recipe number 1
- Icing sugar - 500 g
- Gelatin - 1 tbsp. a spoon.
- Protein - 1 pc.
- Vegetable oil - 2 tbsp. spoons.
- Water - 30 ml.
- Glucose - 1 tbsp. a spoon.
- In a small bowl pour an ox, pour gelatin, stir and wait until it swells. After gelatin dissolve in a water bath and cool thoroughly.
- Gelatin combined with glucose, vegetable oil, egg white and powdered sugar. After mixing with a culinary spatula, the resulting mass should be thoroughly mixed to make it homogeneous.
- Mastic roll into a ball, put in a bag and leave for several hours.Then knead the mass thoroughly and you can proceed to the molding or rolling.
Recipe number 2
The second recipe is simpler, but the mastic cooked over it is ideal for decorating cakes, biscuits and other pastries.
- Water - 50 ml.
- Gelatin - 2 tsp.
- Icing sugar - 0.5 kg.
- Gelatin pour in a bowl, add water and stir. After dissolving in a water bath and wait until it cools.
- Pour gelatin into sifted sugar powder and mix well. As a result, a homogeneous mass will be obtained, which, like in the first case, rolled into a ball and put in a bag.
You got the first idea of how to make mastic for a cake yourself. As you can see, there is nothing difficult in preparing a sweet mass. Excessive stickiness will help remove the addition of powdered sugar.
The best mastic recipes at home
Culinary mastic is a wonderful decorative material used to decorate cakes, cakes and pies. Decorated pastries easily become a true work of art. It is not surprising that every novice decorator is interested in how to make mastic at home.
Preparation of professional mastic involves the use of special ingredients, which are not easy to acquire. But this is not a reason for experiencing and frustration. You can cook from more affordable products.
Condensed milk based mastic
The most versatile - milk mastic, characterized by ease of use. It is perfect for wrapping cakes and creating edible shapes. To make such a milk mass at home is not difficult on the basis of condensed milk.
- Condensed milk - 100 g
- Sugar powder - 150 g.
- Powdered milk - 150 g.
- Lemon juice - 2 tbsp. spoons.
- Combine condensed milk with powdered milk and powder. Quicksand sift carefully. Knead the mastic until it loses its stickiness.
- Pour lemon juice into the mass. If the result is too sticky - pour a little sugar powder, if too viscous - add a mixture of powder and milk powder in equal proportions.
- It remains to wrap the mixture in a film and keep in the refrigerator for at least twelve hours. Before work, the edible material is slightly heated and kneaded.
Tasty chocolate mastic
Now I'll teach you how to make delicious chocolate mastic.If you use white chocolate and dyes for cooking, you will be able to decorate the cake with all the colors of the rainbow.
- Dark chocolate without additives - 200 g.
- Liquid honey - 4 tbsp. spoons.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave. Add honey and mix well. After solidification of the mass, lay out on a flat surface covered with film.
- Stir the chocolate paste for ten minutes. Then put in the bag and leave for thirty minutes. After the time, the mastic will be suitable for decorating confectionery.
Sweet mass is stored in the refrigerator for two months. If put in the freezer, the shelf life will increase to one year.
How to make mastic from marshmallows
Cake, skillfully decorated with mastic, is considered a culinary masterpiece. It is not surprising, because it looks bright, original and very beautiful. Step-by-step instructions for making mastic from marshmallows, dispel the myth that it is impossible to create a beautiful cake at home. All you need is a ready made decoration and a good cake idea.
- Chewing marshmallow (marshmallow) - 200 g.
- Sugar powder - 400 g.
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp. a spoon.
- Butter - 1 teaspoon.
- Food colorings.
- Put the marshmallows in a container for heating, add lemon juice and butter. Dishes with marshmallows should be sent to a microwave oven or oven for about one minute. This time is enough to make marshmallows grow in volume.
- Add a dye, due to which the mastic gets the color. You can decorate cakes and sculpt figurines using white mass.
- Start kneading. Add a little sugar powder and stir well. When mixing with a spoon becomes difficult, put the mass on the table, pour in powder and mix until it loses its stickiness.
- Ready mastic put in a plastic bag and sent to the refrigerator for several hours to rest. You can keep it in the fridge until you need it.
- Before use, lightly heat in an oven and knead again. Then it will become suitable for decorating New Year's cakes and modeling of sweet figures.
I'm overwhelmed with hopes that after reading the instructions, you will not have difficulty with decorating cakes. In addition, this small culinary manual will be an excellent base for experiments.
Mastic of marshmallows
Many housewives use marshmallow air marshmallow, called marshmallow. It is sold not everywhere, unlike the usual marshmallow.
Mastic on the basis of marshmallow is perfect for creating original and unusual ornaments, which are often found on cakes. It is a question of various figures and edible products of the arbitrary form. The cake decorated with such figures is a wonderful gift for the New Year or birthday.
- Zephyr - 200 g.
- Sugar powder - 300 g.
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp. a spoon.
STEP BY COACH:
- Divide the marshmallows into halves, which are heated in a microwave oven. Twenty seconds is enough.
- Marshmallow with lemon juice, powdered sugar and carefully mix.
- Turn the sweet substance into a film and send it to the refrigerator for about forty minutes.
Agree, make mastic from marshmallows at home just quickly. As a result, it blends various figures, flowers and other objects designed to decorate desserts.
How to cover the cake with mastic correctly
The final part of the article is devoted to the creation of figures, decoration of cakes and confectionery subtleties.If you want the baking and desserts to look great, be sure to listen to the recommendations.
To create clear and beautiful figures you will need a special inventory - figured knives, various cuttings and shapes. The tool helps create decorations of unsurpassed beauty.
According to experienced culinary experts, for the preparation of mastics you will need powdered sugar powder. As a result, the layers will not rupture during the work, which will shorten the cooking time and simplify preparations for the New Year, birthday and any other holiday.
Apply mastic on a dry substrate to completely eliminate the possibility of melting of the material, which is characterized by enviable tenderness. To connect the figures sweet mass slightly moisturize.
To cover a delicious cake with a gentle mastic correctly, put the sweetness on a circle with a pivoting mechanism. Roll out the mass is recommended on a powdered surface to a thickness of five millimeters. The mastic should be larger than the diameter of the cake.
You can use a rolling pin to place the mastic. Sprinkle your hands with starch. Initially, the layer of sweet mass level on the surface of the dessert, and then cover the sides. Use a knife to cut off excess material.
If, after the cake has been made, the mastic remains, put it in a bag and send it to the refrigerator, where it lasts for up to two weeks.
The story of how to make mastic for a cake by oneself came to an end. Using recipes and adhering to the generally accepted rules, create a variety of delicacies yourself, which in addition to taste and aroma will please a beautiful appearance.