How to treat rubella?
Rubella is an insidious viral disease in which a small-spotted rash appears, the lymph nodes are enlarged, moderately severe fever is detected and fetus is affected in pregnant women. Let's see in this article how to treat rubella and its causes.
What are the causes and symptoms of rubella?
This virus can be infected by airborne droplets. Sick people spread these drops while talking, coughing, sneezing, and when they give you food or fluids. You can still pick up this disease, if you pick up the objects on which these drops fell. Then with these hands touch your eyes, nose, and mouth. Symptoms begin to appear two to three weeks after contact with sources of viral disease. The symptoms of rubella can be recognized by the following manifestations:
- If you have a little fever.
- Swollen lymph nodes at the back or behind the ear.
- There is a rash on the skin of the face, neck, chest and other parts of the body.
- In women, the joints can hurt, and in adolescents the throat and eyes
Rubella treatment at home
Basically, rubella is treated at home. In the infectious disease ward are hospitalized for complications, if you are not already able to cope.
- Ventilate the room where the patient is, do a wet cleaning there.
- Observe for five days bed rest. Stay on a dairy-vegetable diet that is enriched with beneficial vitamins. Do not forget to drink plenty of fluids.
- When treating, doctors prescribe ascorutin (vitamin C). Plus prescribed drugs to strengthen the immune system.
If rubella occurs in children, it is also treated at home. In children, rubella is easy, complications are rare, mostly children with immunodeficiency.
Traditional methods of treatment
- If you have severe itching, dissolve half a glass of baking soda in the bath. Take this bath for ten minutes 2-3 times a day.
- It is useful to take vitamin tea. To do this, fit the hips and berries of black currant or lingonberry. You make 1: 1 proportion, make boiling water and drink this tea two or three times a day.
- Against itching, a collection of birch, string or dandelion buds is perfect.
Now you know several effective ways to cure rubella. For any manifestations of rubella should immediately consult a doctor for advice. Because self-medication, especially in children, can lead to undesirable consequences and complications. Be healthy.