How to go to visit?
Everybody goes to visit, but not everyone thinks about how to do it right. But even in this area there are particular etiquette features that will help you to understand how to visit correctly and make you happy in any home.
If you are going to visit not by invitation, but on your own initiative, the owners of the house must be warned in advance. Fortunately, today it can be done without difficulty, for example, by contacting them by phone or e-mail. It is necessary not to put the owner before the fact, but to clarify whether he will be able to receive you and when he is ready to do it.
If for any reason you have to cancel the visit, try to warn the hosts as soon as possible and do not forget to apologize.
Punctuality and tact
At any place you need to come on time, even if you are going to the closest people who will calmly react to being late. If for any reason you have to stay, be sure to warn those who are waiting.
When and how to visit, how much time to spend on it? In this matter it is necessary to be guided by a sense of politeness and tact.
- They don't visit guests early in the morning or, on the contrary, late in the evening The ideal time is an evening on weekdays and afternoon hours on weekends.
- In the case of a friendly dinner, it is better to leave the house no later than 22-24 hours.
- If you have been invited to a holiday, try to leave with the main stream of guests.
- A business conversation or other formal visit should not be delayed for a period longer than 2 hours. In most cases, this is quite a quarter of an hour.
- The visit should not be shorter than 15-20 minutes, even if you “just ran to say hello”.
- Holidays are not the best time for spontaneous visits.
If the owners invited only you, you should not bring with them third parties - colleagues, friends and acquaintances. There are exceptions, for example, if there is no one to leave the child or relatives who suddenly turn up. But such a “group” visit should not come as a surprise to the hosts. Under no circumstances should you take animals with you.
Not empty handed
It has always been thought that visiting someone's house is worth a small gift, which does not have to be expensive. Perfect bottle of wine, chocolate or a modest bouquet for the hostess.If there are small children in the house, you can buy something for them, for example, a small toy or sweets.
By following these simple rules, you can easily become a welcome guest in any home.