What is mycosis?
Human feet are susceptible to various kinds of fungal diseases. Therefore, it is important to know what mycosis is and how you can deal with this ailment.
Mycosis is an infectious disease, the cause (causative agent) of which is any of the types of parasitic fungi.
Symptoms of mycosis
Symptoms of this disease are extremely diverse:
- the most frequent is the peeling of the areas affected by the fungus;
- the occurrence of painful vesicles, which can later turn into ulcers or ulcers;
- the appearance of cracks;
- skin diaper rash;
- skin roughness;
- the formation of corns;
- nail plates exfoliate, thicken, become dull and acquire a yellow tint;
- the appearance of itching;
- sometimes pain and unpleasant smell are possible.
In the fight against mycosis in the initial stages it is necessary to use antifungal agents of local action. The most effective are creams and ointments Terbinafine, Clotrimazole, Ketoconazole.
If the disease has already passed into a complex protracted form, it is necessary to use antifungal drugs inside (Fluconazole, Ketoconazole).This treatment leads to the renewal of the affected skin, nail plates and hair.