What is useful cottage cheese?
Dairy products - a separate category that deserves a special position in the diet of each person. Today's conversation we devote cottage cheese. What is useful curd, what healing properties does it have, what vitamins, minerals and trace elements does it contain? Which cottage cheese is better to choose? Is cottage cheese useful for children, old people, pregnant women? What is useful curd in cosmetology? Let's figure it out.
Cottage cheese: useful properties
Let's start with the use of cottage cheese in food. How is it useful for our body from the inside, and to whom is cottage cheese shown?
- The value and benefits of cottage cheese is in its very essence, that is, in the method of obtaining this product. Cooking cottage cheese is a selection of the most useful components of milk - it is milk fat (especially important during the growth period for children) and easily digestible protein (useful to everyone, especially athletes for the structure of muscles).
- Cottage cheese is rich in calcium, which is necessary for pregnant women for proper and normal formation of the skeleton and teeth of a child.Calcium in cottage cheese is necessary for children and adolescents, because their bones are growing rapidly. This component makes cottage cheese indispensable in the diet of older people, because with age, calcium is gradually washed out of the body, bones loosen, it is necessary to constantly maintain the calcium content. Cottage cheese is a great option.
- Cottage cheese is rich in phosphorus, which also makes it an indispensable product for the skeletal system.
- Choline and methionine contained in the curd, contribute to the prevention of atherosclerosis.
- Calcium in the composition of cottage cheese contributes to the removal of fluid from the body, which is useful in diseases of the kidneys, hypertension and heart disease.
- The minerals that make up the curd are involved in the production of hemoglobin. That is, cottage cheese is useful for the hematopoietic system, it is indicated for anemia.
How to choose cottage cheese
- Remember: cottage cheese deteriorates quickly, do not buy it for future use, watch the date.
- Do not store an open pack for more than a day.
- The choice of cottage cheese is determined by the goal: in low-fat cottage cheese (no more than 1.8 grams of fat per 100 grams of cottage cheese) there is more protein, whereas calcium is better absorbed with cottage cheese (from 5%).
- You should not choose a very fat cottage cheese (more than 15%), there is less benefit in it.
- Children are well suited and low-fat cottage cheese and cottage cheese fat content of 5-7%. Older people prefer to prefer fat-free, allowing themselves to eat 5% curd once a week.
Cottage cheese in cosmetology
What is useful curd in cosmetology? This product perfectly moisturizes and nourishes the skin, making it soft, velvety.
From cottage cheese with parsley (grind in a mortar) it is good to make masks for the softest skin around the eyes. Removes swelling, gives the skin elasticity.
You can make masks of cottage cheese with the addition of honey, banana, olive or other cosmetic oils.